Le quatorze juillet,

a day of celebration in France and not coincidentally my second blog anniversary!


Two years ago I posted the above photo as I ventured into this daily Paris photoblog, never thinking that I would be able to manage a post every day.  Please look here for the story of how it all started and the friendship I share with Virginia (Paris Through My Lens) who helped me "birth this baby." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The photo above shows two French sailors preparing for the grand military parade on Avenue des Champs-Elysées.  I stood on the baricades for hours in order to have a good position to capture the excitement and emotions of the day. 
Now, I have a small oil painting created by Carol Schiff of this moment,
a treasured work of art that I enjoy daily.




Le quatorze juillet
Avenue des Champs-Elysées
75008, Paris
(on this festive day there is no nearby Métro,
bus, taxi so be prepared to walk for miles)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top