I cannot say how many pairs of pointe shoes I stumbled over growing up, nor the number of times she extended her leg up the passageway wall in an elegant stretch. No one talks about where the hundreds of worn out pink satin shoes went or how many lambs might have been sheared to make the padded cushions protecting the balerina's toes. Nanette, my dear sister and friend, this one is for you.


Repetto went on "the list" when Carol of Paris Breakfasts talked about finding the boutique here. I had already mapped it out before my arrival in June and walked to this incredible spot just after sunset with three friends (Marie, Mary, and Virginia). It did not matter that it was closed as the windows provided a great peek at an entire wall of pointe shoes, all pink of course.


Repetto
22, rue de la Paix
Paris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top