On the last night in Paris, I saw this view from the bed and jumped up to snap it before the moment escaped. I will be in Paris again and this scene plays out regularly each month, year after year. Why the urgency for this particular shot, quickly assembled and not a singular best? It totally captured the emotions of this April trip as I returned to familiar places that I count as mine and branched out for new discoveries.

This was the scene of the familiar, the rooftop of Église Saint Roch, with the new excitement of the full moon ascending through wispy clouds. It was the dénouement of moments which quickened my heart, took my breath away, and brought a veil of water to my eyes. How can one have such feelings about a single city, its people, its quotidienne? How cliché to say that one "loves Paris," and yet I do.

Église Saint Roch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top