I remember thinking that so much of France's military equipment was being paraded down the Champs Élysée that we should hope there was no immediate need on the globe for assistance. The tanks, the humvees, the trucks, the so-large-I-cannot-imagine what they ares, the horses in finery, the planes, the firetrucks... all of the personnel. The length of this wide avenue was full to overflowing. It was magnificent!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is a special day for me as I started my blog one year ago today. I drove to Birmingham to see Virginia, and the two of us "birthed this baby" so its birthday would always fall on Bastille Day. I will be forever grateful to her for her guidance and wonderful sense of humor as we laughed our way through "delivery."

Thanks to all of you who read my blog and who have, through your own blogs and comments on mine, enriched this experience, sharing a bit of your world with me. I was not sure that I could post 365 days in a row, but it is now just a part of me. Merci beaucoup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top