The oldest street market in Paris, established in 1547, Marché Maubert is open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  But, do not be late as the stalls will close by 2:30 or 3, and you will not find the sumptuous stacks of artichokes, leeks, and carrots. There are stands for flowers, rugs, pashminas, fromage, fleur de sel, textiles from Provence, meats, seafood, carry out food (prête à emporter) pour manger sur le pouce. 


I have featured this marché before as it was my "neighborhood" for many trips to Paris.  I will visit my friends there very soon, to buy their produce and cheeses, and to take their photos again and to recall the snow and cold of last December and the wonderful weather of my last visit in April.  Of course, I will have some photos in my pocket...


Marché Maubert
Place Maubert
Métro Maubert-Mutualité
75005 Paris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top