There is a story here.

In April, I returned to the thrice-weekly marché in Place Maubert to deliver a portrait that I had taken in June 2010.  As I have mentioned before, I carry back to Paris on each trip a small folio of portraits that I have taken.  When possible I deliver the photograph to the subject, reminding them when the shot was taken.  Although I am a master of stealth photography almost all of the "returns" were taken with permission.

So, back to the story... In April I was delivering the photo below and this fellow in yellow saw the exchange asking if he was not handsome enough to have his photo taken.  Bien sûr!  When I arrive in Paris in three weeks I will have the top photo tucked into my bag and will find him to renew acquaintances.  I always enjoy the triangle-folded treats from these vendors and in April they would not let me pay.  

Nothing like making friends in Paris, n'est-ce pas?




Marché Maubert
Tues, Thurs, Sat
Place Maubert
Métro Maubert-Mutualité
75005 Paris
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top