La Chandeleur
Fête des chandelles
(Candlemas - English)


Today is Candlemas, 2 February, and it is celebrated in France with crêpes.
Today I will be making crêpes, holding a coin in my left hand, and flipping the crêpe pan in my right.  If I can catch the crêpe, it means my family will be prosperous for the rest of the year, such is the legend.  Also, one does not eat crêpes until after 8:00pm.


This chef at Crêperie Plougastel on Rue du Montparnasse, cheerfully allowed me to take some photos of him as he deftly prepared all the crêpes for the lunch crowd.  I have been here three or four times, introduced by French friend Isabelle.  They have both savory and sweet crêpes with quick service and good prices.  On a street full of crêperies, this one is always well attended.



Crêperie Plougastel
47, rue du Montparnasse
75014, Paris



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top